Besan Ke Shahi Gatte / Besan Ke Shahi Gatte Recipe / Stuffed Gatte Recipe / Shahi Gatta Curry Recipe
Besan ke shahi gatte is little and nice twist in traditional gatta curry. Gram flour-besan dumplings flavored with dry spices and stuffed with mawa, paneer and dry fruits, steamed and fry it till turns little golden brown. Dip into a curd based curry. You can serve with plain rice or roti or poori or paratha.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Gram Flour-Besan – 2 Cup
- Yogurt-Curd – 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Salt as per taste
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Grated Mawa-Khoya – 3/4 Cup
- Grated Paneer-Cottage Cheese – 3/4 Cup
- Finely Chopped Green chili – nos.
- Chopped Pisatchio – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1tbsp
- Salt little bit
- Curd – 1 Cup
- Hing-Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato Puree 3/4 cup
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Red Chill Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- For making gatta:— In a big bowl, add besan-gram flour with 1/2 cup of curd, ginger, salt, baking soda and little water, to make a hard dough.
- Add little water and make dough as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside.
- For making stuffing: —- In a bowl, add mawa, paneer, green chilies, pistachio, raisins and salt, mix well.
- Divide gram flour dough into tennis ball sized portions and stuff with mawa-paneer mixture into the gram flour ball and roll into cylindrical shape and keep aside.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a pan on medium flame, when water starts boiling, add above made dough and cook for 10-15 min.
- Drain excess water and allow to cool a bit then cut in to 1 inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add pieces and fry it till turns little golden brown, keep aside.
- For making curry:— Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing and cumin seeds, fry it for 2-3 min.
- Add red chill powder, coriander powder, asafoetida and turmeric powder, mix well
- Add tomato puree and cook it till oil starts separating.
- Add 1 cup of curd and salt, mix well.
- Stirring continuously.
- Add garam masala and little water.
- Cook it till gravy becomes too thick.
- Add gatte and continue to cook for 5-6 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot besan ke shahi gatte with plain rice or roti.