Bottle Gourd Soup Recipe / Lauki Soup Recipe / Bottle Gourd Juice
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Bottlegourd or Lauki (peel and cut into thick slices) – 2 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Tomato – 1 nos.
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Hing – a pinch
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic – 4-5 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- In a pressure cooker, add bottlegourd, tomato, onion, ginger, garlic, hing, salt, turmeric and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook it till bottle gourd gets soft and keep aside, allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add boiled bottlegourd mixture and make a thick paste.
- Heat the little oil in a pan on low flame, add cumin seeds.
- Fry for 2 min.
- Add bottlegourd thick paste and mix well.
- Cook for 6-7 min.
- Transfer into serving bowl.
- Add lemon juice over before serving.
BOTTLE GOURD SOUP RECIPE was last modified: April 4th, 2014 by