Chana Dal Poori Recipe / Chana Dal Stuffed Puri / Chana Dal Ki Puri Recipe / Dal Stuffed Poori Recipe
Chana dal poori recipe is traditional poori recipe of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Chana dal poori recipe is made on Dussehra – Vijayadashami or during winter or on any auspicious occasion. This is stuffed Indian bread prepared using chana dal or bengal gram dal and spices. It is very tasty, delicious and crunchy poori recipe. You can serve with chutney or raita or pickle or any curry.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Channa Dal – 1 cup
- Chopped Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilies – 2-3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 3- tbsp
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tbsp
- Wheat Flour or Atta – 2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Oil for deep frying –
- For making filling:—– Wash and soak channa dal for over night.
- In a grinder, add soaked channa dal, garlic, ginger, green chili, coriander leaves and grind it, make fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add ajwain and dal paste, half fry the mix.
- Then add salt and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Fry the dal mix till the dal changes colour lightly and stir continuously.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- For making dough:—– In a bowl, add atta and oil, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Take small portion from the dough and make a hole in each round portion and pour the stuff mix and seal it.
- Roll these balls a little and make a poori, make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot chana dal poori with curd or pickle.