Dates Tamarind Chutney Recipe / Khajur Imli Ki Chutney Recipe
Dates Tamarind Chutney Recipe is sweet and sour chutney. It is a made with khajur-dates, tamarind-imli and jaggery-gur. This is the best chutney to serve with pani puri, sev puri, dahi puri, dahi vada or any Indian chaat. The sweetness of khajur and gur and tanginess of tamarind really makes a great combination. You can store for 2-3 days in a refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Tamarind – 11/2 cup
- Dates (Pitted) – 11/2 cup
- Grated Jaggery (Gur) – 11/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Soak the tamarind and dates in little warm water for 30 min or till becomes soft.
- In a grinder, add soaked tamarind-dates and gur, make a fine paste.
- Transfer into bowl, add salt, red chili powder and roasted cumin seed, mix well.
- Pass it through a seive before using it.
- Store in a refrigerator.