Kalakand Recipe is a very traditional, delicious and mouthwatering Indian Dessert Recipe. It is very soft and grainy in texture. Kalakand is a milk sweet. It is made with milk, garnished with almond and pistachio.
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Milk (Making Paneer) – 5 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Almond – 4 tbsp
- Pistachios – 4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2-3 tbsp
- Milk (Making Kalakand) – 5 cup
- For Making Paneer:—-
- Boil the milk in a pan, when milk is boiled, add lemon juice or vinegar and as soon as you add lemon juice or vinegar, The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer line with cheesecloth or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water, and squeeze well and this process takes out the sourness from the lemon.
- For Making Kalakand:—-
- Boil the milk in a pan on medium flame till the milk reduces to about two cups.
- Stir frequently the milk.
- Add the paneer in the milk and keep stirring.
- Cook it till the mixture becomes thick and form a soft dough consistency.
- Add the sugar and cook, stir it till the mixture becomes soft lump.
- Remove from flame and pour in a well greased plate.
- Smoothen the top level and garnish with almond and pistachio.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool about 1 hour.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.
KALAKAND RECIPE was last modified: October 25th, 2019 by