Oats Chapati Recipe / Oats Roti / Oats Roti Recipe / How To Make Oats Roti
Oats chapati roti is made with whole wheat flour, oats and spices. It is very healthy Indian roti recipe. Oats is a rich source of soluble fibre. Serve these rotis hot with fresh low fat curds or any curry.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil for Dough – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- In a grinder, add oats and make a fine powder.
- In a big bowl, add oats powder, oil and wheat flour, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add red chili powder, onion, coriander leaves, salt and mix well.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa.
- Place the roti carefully over it.
- Wait till that side gets few little golden spot.
- Now turn the roti to the other side and wait again till the other side also gets few little golden spots.
- Now put this roti directly on medium flame and cook on both sides till it becomes little golden brown.
- Just take care that it does not get burn.
- Spread the ghee or butter in the roti.
- Serve hot oats roti with any curry.
OATS CHAPATI RECIPE was last modified: April 14th, 2014 by