Pista Burfi Recipe / Pistachio Fudge / How To Make Pista Burfi
Pista burfi recipe is a deliciou Indian Pistachio Fudge. Pista barfi has a mild nutty flavour and attractive colour. Pista barfi is mildly flavoured with cardamom and garnish with pista. You can store this burfi in refrigerator for 7 – 10 days. Pistachio Burfi Recipe is also called Pista Burfi/Pistachio Fudge/Pistachio Burfi .
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Pista – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Green Colour (optional) – 2 to 3 drop
- Chopped Pista – 1 to 2 tbsp
- In a big bowl, add pista in enough warm water and soak for 30-40 min.
- Drain all the water, peel the pista and keep aside.
- In a grinder, add soaked pista and make a fine paste, keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add sugar and 1/2 cup of water and place it over medium flame.
- Cook it for 6 to 7 min or till the syrup is of 1 string consistency and stirr occasionally.
- Add pista paste and mix well.
- Cook on slow flame for 6 to 8 min or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and stirr occasionally.
- Pour it into a greased plate.
- Spread it evenly and smooth out surface.
- Then cut it into desired shapes (round, square or diamond shape).
- Cool and keep aside for 30 min.
- Store in an airtight container.