Rice Dal Khichdi / How To Make Rice Dal Khichdi
Rice dal khichdi is not only tasty but nutritious and healthy Khichdi recipe. The khichdi is full of fiber, protein and wellness of rice as well as dal. It is a very nice combinations of rice and dal. You can be prepared at any time in lunch or dinner. The rice and dal cooked together along with spices and garnish with coriander leaves. You can enjoy with desi ghee, raita, mango pickle and papad. You can also add vegetable such as cauliflower, pea, potato, carrot and other healthy vegetable.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Rice – 2 cup
- Toovar dal or Moong dal or Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Chopped Tomato – 2 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1/4 tbsp
- Pea – 1/4 cup
- Gobhi (cut ioto medium pieces) – 1/4 cup
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Wash the dal and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a cooker on medium flame, add cumin seed, ginger and green chili.
- Fry for 2-3 min.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and onion.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato and cook for 3-4 min.
- Add gobhi and pea, mix well.
- Fry for 3-4 min.
- Add dal and rice, mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water, then place it on the gas.
- Cover and cook it till dal and rice gets soft.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and pour the 1 tbsp of ghee on the top.
- Serve hot rice dal khichdi with curd and salad.