Tamarind Chutney Recipe / Imli Ki Chatni / Sweet Chutney Recipe
Tamarind Chutney Recipe is used as a basic recipe in many chaat dishes, samosa, kachori and dahi vada. The addition of jaggery makes the chutney sweeter. Tamarind Chutney Recipe is made by tamarind, jaggery, red chili powder, roasted cumin seed and garam masala. It is good combination of tamarind and jaggery. You can store for 2-3 days in a refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Tamarind – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 11/2 cup
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Roasted Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Heat the water in a pan, add 4 cups of water and tamarind, cook for 11-12 min.
- Strain it and add the jaggery, red chlli powder, roasted cumin powder, salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Cook again it till jaggery dissolves completely or become thick.
- Take out the pulp from the tamarind mixture.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve tamarind chutney with kachori or dahi vada or samosa.